The Academy Awards or The Oscars is an annual American awards. Come on in and check out our featured products!
The official title was rebranded as The Oscars in 2013 – changed from The Academy Awards. This is an annual American awards ceremony honoring cinematic achievements in the film industry. The various category winners are awarded a copy of a statuette, officially the Academy Award of Merit, that is better known by its nickname Oscar. The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).
Film production consists of five major stages:
- Development — The first stage in which the ideas for the film are created, rights to books/plays are bought etc., and the screenplay is written. Financing for the project has to be sought and greenlit.
- Pre-production—Preparations are made for the shoot, in which cast and film crew are hired, locations are selected, and sets are built.
- Production—The raw elements for the film are recorded during the film shoot.
- Post-production—The images, sound, and visual effects of the recorded film are edited.
- Distribution—The finished film is distributed and screened in cinemas and/or released to home video.
How is it that some films are more popular than others? An study of nearly 15,500 films found a connection between popularity and how often its themes, images or overall message are picked up by other directors many years later.
The awards ceremony was first televised in 1953 and is now seen live in more than 200 countries. The Oscars is also the oldest entertainment awards ceremony; its equivalents, the Emmy Awards for television, the Tony Awards for theatre, and the Grammy Awards for music and recording, are modeled after the Academy Awards. The Academy Awards are widely considered to be the most prestigious cinema awards ceremony in the world.
Do you love the movies? Do you love to buy a drink and a popcorn and sit back in a big theatre for the new release?