Pizza Shop - Shop, Purchase, Buy Online
Pizza or pizza pie is the name of an oven-baked, flat, usually round bread covered with tomato sauce and cheese with other toppings left optional. While originating as a part of Italian cuisine, the dish has become popular in different parts of the world.
Various toppings may be added, most typically:
- sauce, traditionally tomato-based but pesto and BBQ sauces are also common.
- cheese, traditionally mozzarella but often Provolone or a blend of other cheeses
- herbs and seasonings such as basil, oregano, and garlic
- vegetables such as bell peppers, asparagus, eggplant, sweetcorn, broccoli, spinach, olives, onions, and artichoke hearts
- meat or seafood such as sausage (especially pepperoni or salami), ham, bacon, ground beef, anchovies, chicken, tuna, and shrimp
- Other common toppings include mushroom, tomatoes, and pineapple
The crust is traditionally plain, but may also be seasoned with butter, garlic, or herbs, or stuffed with cheese. In some pizza recipes the tomato sauce is omitted (termed "white pizza"), or replaced with another sauce (usually garlic butter but sauces can also be made with spinach or onions). Pizza is normally eaten hot (typically at lunch or dinner), but leftovers are often eaten the next day for breakfast or as a snack.